restiada transferred its Cathedral from Andrianoupolis. It had provincial headquarters right until 1931. In 1928, it was typically moved to Didymoteiho and from 1931 on is named Cathedral of Didymoteiho, Orestiada, Soufli with headquarters in Didymoteiho.

The old Cathedral temple is dedicated to Saints Theodores and Saints Constantine and Helen. The first church of Karagach, with Saint Theodores, was built by its founders in 1821 by Kavacli of Northern Thraka.
he Cathedral in Nea Orestiada would be roofed in a stone building with 8 rooms. Those big changes however, became the reason for its concession to the public services, before it had gotten started, and the Cathedral was transferred to the building of the internal revenue service.